Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Drivin' me crazy

I rode the bus to work today. Not a good start to the day/year. Thanks to the charming White Death we had this morning, I took the 7:10 bus and arrived at work at 10:30. Eek! A quick list of today's bus highlights:

Pro: Did not have to drive in the snow.
Con: Bus did not have heat.

Con: Didn't have a book with me.
Pro: Had my iPod, with fun transitions between "Holy Diver" and Iron & Wine.

Pro: I have a friend on the bus.
Con: We didn't know we were both on the bus until we got off.

Con: Almost bit it getting off of the bus.
Pro: Did not bite it.

Pro: Work is only six-ish blocks away from the bus stop.
Con: Entire six blocks were against the wind.
Con: Temperatures were near zero (with wind chill).
Con: Could not feel feet by the time I got to work.
Con: Seriously. It hurt.


Okay, enough whining. :) Despite it all, I still love the bus. I wish I could take it every day, but alas, I cannot. For this year, I am considering buying a bus pass for at least one of the months... but it's a major commitment because it's $95! I'd have to ride the bus both ways 19 days of the month to make that pan out. Does that seem fair to you? So I'll probably... er... not do that any time soon.

Driving the bus isn't a major act of philanthropy, I know. But it was one of my goals... so far so good...

3 comments:

luckeyfrog said...

This list of pros and cons amused me. :)

I think trying to buy a pass one month would be great- but maybe wait until it's warmer out, so it's more pleasant to walk!

Unknown said...

How much gas do you use driving to work?

Unknown said...

I'm 20-25 miles away from work, so in my Rav4, that was about a gallon each way.

My Rav died, unfortunately, so now I'm in a car that's a little better on the gas mileage.