Friday, February 22, 2008

What Goes Around

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about two Letters of Appreciation I sent out. One was answered by email that same night... the other I figured was ignored.

Until today, when we checked the mail and I had a form letter from Bic and a coupon for a free razor. This was an especially interesting turn of events because of this line from Bic's "Contact Us" form: Please note that BIC does not send out free samples or coupons.

Just a trick, I guess-- crap, am I letting a cat out of a bag?

And it's fortunate that it happened today, because I've been having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. (It wasn't THAT bad, but still.) It was such a mucky day by about noon that I specifically stopped into Murray Brothers and picked up some sugar-free candy for my diabetic grandmother. No reason, no holiday... just because it's the Year of Philanthropy, and I've been slacking lately.

I also picked up a Reese's Egg for my mom, because a) it's her favorite candy, and b) clearly, she taught me to show my love through sugar.

No comments: