Saturday, June 14, 2008

Donor roll?

That title was supposed to be a play on "honor roll" but it doesn't pronounce right. I'm like 1 for 3 right now.

Anyway, I know I'm being a little inconsistent with my blogging here, but I just noticed that Bradley and I are 2 weeks away from our next blood donation and I was wondering if anyone who reads this was also thinking about donating at that time. Like maybe you haven't in a couple of months, or maybe you haven't ever and you're just looking for someone to ask you to do it? I'm asking.

It's not much of a milestone but it will roughly mark the end of six months... half of a Year of Philanthropy. And if I am successful in my donation it'll be awesome because my brother Ryan challenged me to give as much blood as I can this year, and by donating every eight weeks I'm doing exactly that.

Can you believe it's been sixish months? Any takers on the bloooood challenge? No pressure, just thought I'd put it out there. :D

4 comments:

Patrick said...

Erica, I would love to donate, but am currently ineligible due to travels to countries that are risks for malaria. I am typing this from one of those countries right now, so I may be able to do it in a year.

Unknown said...

@Patrick: Thank you so much for at least weighing in. Good luck in the years to come! :)

Ryan said...

I'm the one who challenged you, and I think I need to put my money where my mouth is. I will try to donate soon!

Anonymous said...

I really really want to, so I called Hoxworth for an update about what blood they're accepting. Apparently mine is too risky still. I get to stand in line with the needle-sharers, monkey-molesters, recently-tattooed and my other fellow high-risk donor rejects because of my potentially mad-cowy blood. Someday when I can give blood again (if the bovine encephalitis doesn't get me), I'll join you. I'd join you for moral support now, but it would probably look like I was just there to crash the cookies and juice party.