Sunday, July 20, 2008

And over, and over, and over, and over, and over... and over again!

Just for fun, here's a picture of the bruise that the nurse at Hoxworth said I probably wouldn't get. Eek. That was taken a week and a half after my last botched donation.

But I'm not here to complain: in fact, I am here to exalt in some philanthropy in which I was on the receiving end. My friend Andy-- whom I met at a Weird Al concert and we have been fast friends ever since-- gave me four tickets in the sixth row for the Weird Al concert in Columbus tonight. He was unable to use the tickets for reasons that are none of my business and refused to take a dime for them. Even paid to have them overnighted.

If I blogged about every time a friend or family member did something awesome for me... well, you'd certainly hear from me more than the once a month I'm averaging now. But this was particularly touching to me and I wanted to say thank you to Andy. Bradley and I are on our way to Columbus in about ten minutes...

P.S. Name the song that this post's title comes from.

2 comments:

david b mclaughlin said...

took my kids to see weird al last year. i just took them to be nice. my wife and i ended up having a better time than they did. al rocks.

my best guess on the title would be over and over by degarmo and key but i'm pretty sure that aint where you got it.

i cant believe the horrible luck you have giving blood. you need to come to oklahoma where they know how to stick you. i'm a 2 gallon donor so far.

Ryan said...

I know the song, but I'll let somebody else get it.